Everytime I talk to Preston he asks, "How is my self-proclaimed pundit doing?" Answer: Didn't write anything today. But I SWEAR I am going to change that!
Yesterday I attended my third job webinar with the New Organizing Institute. It was called "Staying Sane During Your Job Search" and was given by Ellen Reeves, author of "Can I Wear My Nose Ring To The Interview." Each of the webinars I have attended through NOI have been useful and given me some great information, but I think this was my favorite. It is easy to get discouraged while unemployed (especially since I can't even fully pursue full-time jobs for a couple months) but Reeves reminded me how important it is to make the time off productive. It is inevitable that an interviewer will ask, "So what have you been doing in the six months since graduation?" Yes, I am going to school again, but I definitely need to do more to stand out.
That's kind of why I started this blog in the first place. I keep blaming my procrastination on writers block and the best way to beat writers block is to just WRITE. So though there is not much substance to this post, hopefully it will get me over the hump. In fact, I already have a topic in mind to write about next so it must be working! Expect another post tonight or tomorrow.
Until then, here's a blog I contributed to Daily Kos a couple weeks ago. More satire than substance...but isn't satire often the best way to make a point? Enjoy the pictures, I had a great time taking them that day.
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment