So I'm watching Scott Brown's victory speech. And I can't help but laugh. As he keeps saying "the Independent majority has spoken," and, "this seat doesn't belong to any one party," the audience keeps chanting "41! 41! 41!" 41 Independent votes?? Ohhh no, that's right, 41 Republican votes. I don't have a problem with the people of Massachusetts choosing their Senator, but I do wish they wouldn't try to pass it off as some non-partisan victory that isn't directly related to anti-Democratic sentiment. It's 2010, nearly midterm election time. Of course the voters are going to come out against the party in power. The party in power always loses seats in a midterm year. Let's not pretend this is anything different than history repeating itself.
My problem is with the Democrats. The Democrats who see a 59-41 majority as a sure failure to achieving their agenda. The biggest Senate majority Bush ever had was 55-44 (and an Independent) and that sure didn't stop him from getting his agenda through. Grow some balls guys! Seriously. Watch them filibuster, how long can they go? Make them show you. Sit there until they sit down. If they don't, use reconciliation. Do whatever you can to do what you were elected to do in 2008. If you do nothing, it proves you are incapable of governing and thus, do not deserve your seat in Congress anyway! Demonstrate LEADERSHIP. For once.
I can see how this Scott Brown guy got elected. He is charismatic. Hell, he just offered his two daughters off to all men watching on national television. Hilarious. Plus, he was pretty hot in 1982 and isn't the worst looking man nowadays. Dems, stop blaming each other and get to work. I voted for you because I want your policies enacted, not just discussed endlessly on cable news.
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment